The project website is being managed by IEECP for the newTRENDs consortium since July 2022.
IEECP – Amsterdam Sloterdijk Teleport Tower, Kingsfordweg 151, 1043GR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands – www.ieecp.org
When using this website or subscribing to IEECP’s newsletter, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and use of your information as described in this document.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the newTRENDs website, newTRENDs automatically collects, via cookies installed to make the website operational and gather analytics data, some information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone. Additionally, we collect some information about the individual web pages or documents you view, and information about how you interact with the website. NewTRENDs refers to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We also collect, use and store the contact information filled when you subscribe to IEECP’s newsletter: by filling in the form, you freely consent to the processing of your information, used only for the project to send you the newsletter.
NewTRENDs collects Device Information using the following technologies:
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how visitors browse the Site.
Additionally, when visitors contact newTRENDs through the website, we collect certain information, including their name, and email address. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
How do we collect visitors’ data?
We collect and process data when visitors:
- Register online for receiving information on new material (newsletter).
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via email or via links shared on the website.
- Use or view our website via their browser’s cookies.
- Register online to our events or webinars.
How do we use visitors’ personal information?
We use the Contact Information to communicate with visitors and when in line with the preferences each visitor has shared with us, provide them with information or advertising related to the project and its developments.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our audience browses and interacts with the Site, and to assess the success of our communication and dissemination campaigns).
Sharing visitors’ personal information
We share visitors’ Personal Information with third parties to help us use their Personal Information, as described above. This includes website hosting and mailing list providers. We also use a statistics tracker such as Google Analytics or Monsters Insights to help us understand how our audience uses the newTRENDs website. More about how Google uses visitors’ Personal Information is available here: More about how Google uses visitors’ Personal Information. One can also opt-out of Google Analytics.
Finally, we may also share visitors’ Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We may also share visitors’ Personal Information with CINEA (European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency) in order to fulfil our contractual obligation under the Horizon 2020 programme in terms of project delivery, but not in the form of a public deliverable.
As described above, we use visitors’ Personal Information to provide them with newTRENDs deliverables that we believe may be of interest to them.
How do we store visitors’ data?
We securely store visitors’ data in our internal databases (SharePoint) and on the project website’s back office.
We will keep visitors’ Personal Information for the entire period of the project and for 5 additional years as required by law for controls on Horizon 2020 projects. Data will therefore be available to the relevant European Commission Agency, CINEA. Once this period has expired, we will delete visitors’ data from the databases.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our website data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser.
European residents visiting the website have the right to access personal information we hold about them and to ask that their personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If visitors would like to exercise this right, they can contact us.
When visitors contact us through the Site, we will maintain their Contact Information for our records unless and until they ask us to delete this information.
If a newsletter subscriber wishes not to receive IEECP newsletters anymore, he/she can directly select to opt out via a button in the newsletter, or can unsubscribe by sending an email to the communications manager.
Links to other websites
The newTRENDs website includes links to third-party websites as we share interesting resources and sister projects. We are not responsible for the privacy & cookies policies of third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content these websites contain. Please refer to the privacy & cookies policies of these websites directly.
What are visitors’ data protection rights?
The newTRENDs Consortium would like to make sure visitors are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – Visitors have the right to request newTRENDs for copies of one’s personal data.
- The right to rectification – Visitors have the right to request that newTRENDs correct any information they believe is inaccurate. Visitors also have the right to request that newTRENDs complete the information they believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – Visitors have the right to request that newTRENDs erase their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – Visitors have the right to request that newTRENDs restrict the processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – Visitors have the right to object to newTRENDs’ processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – Visitors have the right to request that newTRENDs transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to them, under certain conditions.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, if you believe that your personal data have been processed in violation of any applicable law concerning data protection. You can find the contact details of all national data protection authorities here.
If visitors make a request, we have one month to respond to their request. If a visitor would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.